NOTES: The Royal Victoria Arch was a wooden structure designed by harbour engineer James Leslie and erected in Dundee to commemorate a visit to the city by Queen Victoria and Prince Albert in 1844. It was later replaced by a permanent stone arch designed by John Thomas Rochead and built between 1849 and 1853.
NOTES: Burns died in 1796 and was buried in St Michael's churchyard, but his body was moved in 1817 to the mausoleum built in the churchyard by public subscription. This view is a somewhat idealised view of the monument and its surroundings. See also RIBA85312 for a coloured version of this print.