Welcome to RIBApix!
You have no items in your basket.
Close
Filters
Search

Workers

View as Grid List
Sort by

IBM (UK) factory and offices, Havant, Hampshire: the staircase

RIBA77110
Arup Associates
NOTES: The original office complex including a systems assembly plant and computer centre was completed in 1971. It was subsequently added to in the late 1970s, also by Arup Associates.

Unidentified school kitchen with dinner ladies preparing food

RIBA77783
NOTES: The school is possibly Bourne Secondary Modern School, Ruislip (archt H. V. Lobb).

Offices for the Central Lancashire Development Corporation (Phase 1), Cuerden Pavilion, near Preston: the open-plan offices

RIBA78526
Robert Matthew Johnson-Marshall & Partners
NOTES: A site adjacent to Cuerden Hall, a historic building, was chosen to be the headquarters for the Central Lancashire Development Corporation. Phase 1 was completed in December 1971, but no other phases were added, owing to subsequent planning restrictions and financial constraints. The offices were built of lightweight steel and timber, using prefabricated methods and constructed in just four months.

Offices for the Central Lancashire Development Corporation (Phase 1), Cuerden Pavilion, near Preston: an office

RIBA78527
Robert Matthew Johnson-Marshall & Partners
NOTES: A site adjacent to Cuerden Hall, a historic building, was chosen to be the headquarters for the Central Lancashire Development Corporation. Phase 1 was completed in December 1971, but no other phases were added, owing to subsequent planning restrictions and financial constraints. The offices were built of lightweight steel and timber, using prefabricated methods and constructed in just four months.

Winchester Cathedral: the grouting machine at work on the roof while repairs are being undertaken

RIBA80265
SOURCE: Journal of the Royal Institute of British Architects, vol. XV third series, 1908 Feb. 22, p. 257 NOTES: Thomas Graham Jackson was consulted over the structural repairs to Winchester Cathedral.

Penguin Pool under construction, London Zoo, Regent's Park, London

RIBA81587
Lubetkin Drake & Tecton
NOTES: This was Tecton's second commission for the Royal Zoological Society, the site consisting of a series of derelict ponds and a paddock. A dramatic design was needed to show off the antics of the penguins and this was achieved by two cantilevered ramps spiralling around one another without any intermediate support. The surrounding trees were kept and a cover provided around part of the elliptical structure to protect the penguins from the sun. The flat paths were coated with plastic rubber, the steps were of slate and the concrete ramps were kept wet by a revolving fountain. The structure was allowed under a clause in the London Building Act which exempted from the regulations buildings under a certain size which were not destined for human habitation and which were more than 30 ft from any other building. The pool had been allowed to fall into a state of disrepair after the Royal Zoological Society encountered strong opposition to its plans for major alterations in 1951. The pool was listed in 1970 and restored in 1988. The executive architects were Lubetkin and Drake.

Worsley New Hall, near Manchester, seat of the Earl of Ellesmere: perspective view of the house and grounds with stonemasons shown constructing garden terracing

RIBA83604
Blore, Edward (1787-1879)
NOTES: See RIBA32100 for a highly coloured, slightly different state of this print.
)
CLOSE