NOTES: Zeals House was remodelled between 1863-1864 by George Devey for William Chafyn-Grove. Following William Chafyn-Grove's death his sister, Julia Chafyn-Grove, commissioned Devey to carry out a further smaller extension in 1869.
NOTES: The church was founded by the Knights Templar in the reign of Henry II upon the model of the Holy Sepulchre, Jerusalem. The Transitional style church was consecrated in 1185 by Heraclius, Patriarch of Jerusalem. The church and most of the Temple enclave was severely damaged by incendiary bombs during the Blitz of 1941. However, the walls were left intact and enough fragments remained for the church to be restored in complete Early Gothic style after World War II. The rebuilding was supervised by Walter Hindes Godfrey of Carden & Godfrey between 1947 and 1957. The nave and choir was rededicated in 1954, and the Round, the original nave, in 1958.