Welcome to RIBApix!
You have no items in your basket.
Close
Filters
Search

Wells

View as Grid List
Sort by

Museo de Bella Artes, formerly the Convento de la Merced Calzada, Seville: an inner courtyard

RIBA55506
NOTES: The museum is housed in a former convent founded in 1602 and is an example of Andalucian Mannerist architecture of the 17th century.

Chilham Castle, Kent: the Norman keep and well head

RIBA60121
Baker, Sir Herbert (1862-1946)
NOTES: This Jacobean house on the site of, and incorporating the ruins of, a Norman castle dates from 1616. Its unique character was given by the hexagonal shaped plan with a central courtyard which echoed the octagonal plan of the keep. Brandon altered the house in 1861-1863 and then in the 1920s Sir Herbert Baker was to restore the house, removing much of Brandon's work.

Unexecuted designs for proposed large-scale remodelling of Drumlanrig Castle, Dumfries: perspective of conduit in stable court

RIBA66595
Blore, Edward (1787-1879)
NOTES: Drumlanrig Castle was built in 1697 by James Smith.

Designs for hand water-pumps: plan, front elevation and side elevation for a pump with acorn top

RIBA68236
Papworth, John Buonarotti (1775-1847)
NOTES: The drawings could well be taken from a trade catalogue.

Designs for Montpellier Rotunda (or Pump Room) and for alterations and additions, Montpellier Spa, Cheltenham, for Henry Thompson Esq.: plan and elevation of gate and gateway, also elevation of well-head with taps

RIBA83913
Papworth, John Buonarotti (1775-1847)
NOTES: Montpellier Spa Long Room and colonnade were built in 1817 to designs by George Allen Underwood and in 1825-1826 J. B. Papworth added the Rotunda, inspired by the Pantheon in Rome. Today the Montpellier Rotunda is a bank.

Palazzo Piccolomini, piazza Pio II, Pienza

RIBA91840
Rossellino, Bernardo (1409-1464)
NOTES: The Palazzo is modelled on the Palazzo Rucellai in Florence by Leon Battista Alberti, whom Rossellino worked with.

Examples of Gothic architecture from Central Europe

RIBA100892
SOURCE: J. C. Palmes (ed.). Sir Banister Fletcher's A History of architecture, 18th ed. (London: Athlone Press, 1975), p. NOTES: A) timber house, Erfurt; B) stone screen, Oberwesel; C) house, Hildesheim; D) Holy Well, Ratisbon Cathedral; E) choir, Halberstadt Cathedral; F) south porch, St. Lawrence, Nuremberg; G) porch, Erfurt Cathedral; H) W. portal, St. Elizabeth, Marburg; J) choir, Erfurt Cathedral

Buscot, Oxfordshire: the village well

RIBA102608
Ernest George & Peto
NOTES: Buscot was a model village designed by George & Peto for the owner of Buscot Park, Alexander Henderson, a financier, engineer and amateur painter, who was created Baron Faringdon in 1916. The village included cottages, a forge and a community room (parish hall). The village was laid out between 1892-1897.
Close
)
CLOSE