Welcome to RIBApix!
You have no items in your basket.

Water features

View as Grid List
Sort by

Law Courts, Gothenburg: the internal courtyard with the older building on the left and Asplund's glass wall to the right

Asplund, Erik Gunnar (1885-1940)
NOTES: The original law courts were built in 1672 by Nicodemus Tessin, but were rebuilt after a fire in 1732. In 1814-1817 an upper storey was added and the facade reworked by C. W. Carlberg. Later in the 19th century wings were added to the north and west, creating a central courtyard and the adjacent Commandant's House was taken over in1880 for use as offices. Asplund won a competition to redesign the courts in 1913, which was finally completed in 1937. See RIBA132252 for a black and white version of this image.

Crookham Junior School, Crookham, Hampshire

Edward Cullinan Architects
NOTES: This was a refurbishment of a Mark 1, Second Consortium of Local Authorites (SCOLA) schools, built in the 1960s by Hampshire County Council. The refurbishment centered round the replacing, recladding and insulating much of the original fabric. See RIBA133114 for a black and white version of this image.

RMC Group headquarters, Thorpe, Surrey: Eastley End House with pool and executive dining room to the left

Edward Cullinan Architects
NOTES: This office development was arranged around the landscaped grounds of three historic houses, Eastley End House (late 18th/early 19th century), Meadlake House (a Victorian stable block) and The Grange (late 19th/early 20th century). The retained existing buildings are linked by a series of single-storey structures, except for the executive dining rooms. See RIBA123083 for a black and white print version of this image.

Folly Farm, Sulhamstead, Berkshire: the gardens

Lutyens, Sir Edwin Landseer (1869-1944)
NOTES: Folly Farm was a 17th century farmhouse, which was extended twice by Lutyens in the early 20th century. First, shortly after 1906 by the new owner H.H. Cochrane, who employed Lutyens to enlarge the house for him, and produced a relatively small, dolls-house-like extension in a late 17th century style. He also (with the help of Jekyll), laid out the first phase of the garden in a simple manner, adjacent to the east and south fronts. In 1912 the house was bought by Zachary Merton who also employed Lutyens to extend the house to the west in his `Surrey style'. At the same time a parterre garden was created and a Dutch canal replaced previous tennis courts, with planting advice from Jekyll.

Fountain, Wilton Park, Wiltshire

NOTES: See RIBA154899 for a black and white version of this image.

Fountain, Wilton Park, Wiltshire

NOTES: See RIBA154901 for a black and white version of this image.