NOTES: Part of the Port of London and built in 1825-1828 by the St Katharine Dock Company, this was the smallest group of London's enclosed docks. Thomas Telford engineered the docks while Philip Hardwick designed the quayside warehouses.
NOTES: This was originally the terminal warehouse of the Shrewsbury branch of Thomas Telford's Shropshire Union canal and was chiefly used for the storage of cheese and butter and served at the same time as a market for such produce. When the canal was superseded by the railways, this warehouse passed into ownership of the London Midland & Scottish Railway Company and was converted to take rolling stock. It was scheduled as an ancient monument in the 1950s and has been an entertainment venue since the 1980s.