Welcome to RIBApix!
You have no items in your basket.
Close
Filters
Search

Warehouses

View as Grid List
Sort by

Warehouses 1 and 2, West India Docks North Quay (now West India Quay), Wapping, London: one of the two staircases in Warehouse 2

RIBA134278
George Gwilt & Son
NOTES: These incombustible circulation routes were carefully separated from the storage areas. Built between 1799 and 1806, the West India Docks were the first of London's great enclosed docks. These two warehouses are all that remain of the row of nine warehouses designed by the Gwilts, later extended upwards in 1827 by Sir John Rennie.

Warehouses 1 and 2, West India Docks North Quay (now West India Quay), Wapping, London: upper level interior in Warehouse 2

RIBA134279
George Gwilt & Son
NOTES: The original timber posts were replaced by cast iron stanchions in 1814. Built between 1799 and 1806, the West India Docks were the first of London's great enclosed docks. These two warehouses are all that remain of the row of nine warehouses designed by the Gwilts, later extended upwards in 1827 by Sir John Rennie.

Warehouses 1 and 2, West India Docks North Quay (now West India Quay), Wapping, London: upper level interior in Warehouse 2

RIBA134280
George Gwilt & Son
NOTES: The original timber posts were replaced by cast iron stanchions in 1814. Built between 1799 and 1806, the West India Docks were the first of London's great enclosed docks. These two warehouses are all that remain of the row of nine warehouses designed by the Gwilts, later extended upwards in 1827 by Sir John Rennie.

Warehouses 1 and 2, West India Docks North Quay (now West India Quay), Wapping, London: one of the doorways with cast iron door dividing Warehouse 2 into fireproof compartments

RIBA134281
George Gwilt & Son
NOTES: Built between 1799 and 1806, the West India Docks were the first of London's great enclosed docks. These two warehouses are all that remain of the row of nine warehouses designed by the Gwilts, later extended upwards in 1827 by Sir John Rennie.

Warehouses 1 and 2, West India Docks North Quay (now West India Quay), Wapping, London: remains of hopper for transferring goods from one floor to another in the warehouses

RIBA134282
George Gwilt & Son
NOTES: Built between 1799 and 1806, the West India Docks were the first of London's great enclosed docks. These two warehouses are all that remain of the row of nine warehouses designed by the Gwilts, later extended upwards in 1827 by Sir John Rennie.

Warehouses 1 and 2, West India Docks North Quay (now West India Quay), Wapping, London: upper level interior in Warehouse 2

RIBA134283
George Gwilt & Son
NOTES: The original timber posts were replaced by cast iron stanchions in 1814. Built between 1799 and 1806, the West India Docks were the first of London's great enclosed docks. These two warehouses are all that remain of the row of nine warehouses designed by the Gwilts, later extended upwards in 1827 by Sir John Rennie.

Warehouses 1 and 2, West India Docks North Quay (now West India Quay), Wapping, London: roof details

RIBA134284
George Gwilt & Son
NOTES: Built between 1799 and 1806, the West India Docks were the first of London's great enclosed docks. These two warehouses are all that remain of the row of nine warehouses designed by the Gwilts, later extended upwards in 1827 by Sir John Rennie.

Warehouses 1 and 2, West India Docks North Quay (now West India Quay), Wapping, London: roof details

RIBA134285
George Gwilt & Son
NOTES: Built between 1799 and 1806, the West India Docks were the first of London's great enclosed docks. These two warehouses are all that remain of the row of nine warehouses designed by the Gwilts, later extended upwards in 1827 by Sir John Rennie.

Warehouses 1 and 2, West India Docks North Quay (now West India Quay), Wapping, London

RIBA134286
George Gwilt & Son
NOTES: Built between 1799 and 1806, the West India Docks were the first of London's great enclosed docks. These two warehouses are all that remain of the row of nine warehouses designed by the Gwilts, later extended upwards in 1827 by Sir John Rennie.

Warehouses 1 and 2, West India Docks North Quay (now West India Quay), Wapping, London

RIBA134287
George Gwilt & Son
NOTES: Built between 1799 and 1806, the West India Docks were the first of London's great enclosed docks. These two warehouses are all that remain of the row of nine warehouses designed by the Gwilts, later extended upwards in 1827 by Sir John Rennie.

Warehouses 1 and 2, West India Docks North Quay (now West India Quay), Wapping, London: one of the doorways with cast iron door dividing the warehouses into fireproof compartments

RIBA134288
George Gwilt & Son
NOTES: Built between 1799 and 1806, the West India Docks were the first of London's great enclosed docks. These two warehouses are all that remain of the row of nine warehouses designed by the Gwilts, later extended upwards in 1827 by Sir John Rennie.

Warehouses 1 and 2, West India Docks North Quay (now West India Quay), Wapping, London: Warehouse 2

RIBA134289
George Gwilt & Son
NOTES: Built between 1799 and 1806, the West India Docks were the first of London's great enclosed docks. These two warehouses are all that remain of the row of nine warehouses designed by the Gwilts, later extended upwards in 1827 by Sir John Rennie. See RIBA134292 for a colour version of this image.
)
CLOSE