Welcome to RIBApix!
You have no items in your basket.
Close
Filters
Search

Walls

View as Grid List
Sort by

St Olave Hart Street, City of London, seen from Seething Lane

RIBA21115
NOTES: St Olave's church dates from around 1450 with the tower being added in 1732. This drawing includes the famous churchyard entrance archway of 1658, which is decorated with skulls carved in stone. The drawing was created for publication in 'The churches of London: a history and description of the ecclesiastical edifices of the metropolis', engraved by Le Keux (1838-9)

Copy of an antique wall painting or design based on antique motifs

RIBA21169
NOTES: This drawing is believed to be by an unidentified 18th century Italian architect.

Horticultural Gardens, South Kensington, London: elevation of the central arcade with plans of the balustrade and piers

RIBA21501
Smirke, Sydney (1798-1877)
NOTES: The Horticultural Gardens, South Kensington, were situated on the Kensington Gore estate, which was owned by the Prince Consort and the 1851 Exhibition Commissioners. The land was leased to the Horticultural Society for the creation of the gardens, which were designed by Smirke.

Competition designs for improvements to Windsor Castle: perspective showing the statue of Charles II on a new base

RIBA21521
Smirke, Sir Robert (1780-1867)
NOTES: Smirke was one of four architects who submitted designs for this project. The winning architect was Jeffry Wyatt (Sir Jeffry Wyattville).

Hotel de Clairvaux, Dijon: view of an arcaded structure

RIBA21783
NOTES: In addition to being a landscape and architectural painter, lithographer and archaeologist, Bouet was also appointed Inspecteur de la Societe Francaise d'Archeologie. This drawing is one of a number of topographical studies and details of French, German, Italian and Swiss medieval architecture executed by him between around 1850 and 1865.

Perspective view of a country church

RIBA22099
NOTES: This drawing is by an unidentified 19th century English draughtsman.

Montacute House, Somerset: view of the terrace and summerhouse (also known as the garden house)

RIBA22138
NOTES: The house was built for Sir Edward Phelips between 1598 and 1601.The architect is thought to have been William Arnold.

Design for a stage set depicting decorative wall structures within a Baroque garden, featuring fountains set into niches

RIBA22563
NOTES: This design is by an unidentified 18th century Italian architect.
Categories
Close
)
CLOSE