NOTES: The building was used apparently both as a church and accommodation for the early religious community.
NOTES: The gardens were designed by the owner, architect Clough Williams-Ellis, in three stages: the first one between 1908 and 1914, the second one between the two wars and the third one after 1951.
NOTES: The relief above the arches, depicting a hunting scene, and the Toby Jug figure in the niche, called the 'Provost', date respectively from the 17th and 18th centuries.
NOTES: Campden House burnt to the ground in 1645.
NOTES: This is one of the images taken for 'Manplan 8: Housing' in Architectural Review, vol. 148, 1970 Sep.