NOTES: The National Film Theatre (NFT) initially opened in a temporary building, the Telekinema, at the Festival of Britain in 1951. It moved to this location under Waterloo Bridge, replacing the Thameside restaurant, in 1957. The NFT was renamed the British Film Institute Southbank (BFI Southbank) in 2007.
NOTES: C. H. Aslin was County Architect for Hertfordshire from 1945 to 1958 and headed its pioneering school-building programme. This was the hundredth school to be built under the programme's auspices.
NOTES: The extensions to the existing girls' secondary school, designed by Basil Spence & Partners for the London County Council, provided 1,140 new places and converted the school into a comprehensive.