Welcome to RIBApix!
You have no items in your basket.
Close
Filters
Search

Wall paintings

View as Grid List
Sort by

Palazzo Massimi alle Colonne, Corso Vittorio Emanuele II, Rome: detail of the hall frieze and ceiling

RIBA22669
Peruzzi, Baldassarre (1481-1536)
NOTES: In 1905, while attending the Glasgow School of Architecture, Whitelaw won the Alexander Thomson travelling scholarship and spent a year in Spain and Italy.

Palazzo Barberini, Rome: corner of the gran salone's tromp l'oeil ceiling, featuring swagged decoration, human and mythological figures and a gryphon

RIBA22750
Berrettini da Cortona, Pietro (1596-1669)
NOTES: This painted ceiling is also known as the 'Allegory of Divine Providence and Barberini Power'. It was commissioned from Berettini da Cortona (also known as Pietro da Cortona) by Pope Urban VIII (Maffeo Barberini) for the ceiling of his family palace.

News Cinema, Victoria Station, London: the entrance staircase

RIBA23475
MacDonald, Alister G. (1898-1993)
NOTES: The wall paintings were by Edward Carrick and Eric Joysmith.

The Caveman Restaurant, Gough's Cave, Cheddar Gorge

RIBA24729
Jellicoe, Sir Geoffrey (1900-1996)
NOTES: The restaurant was built in 1934 but a year later the space between the two arms of the building was turned into another restaurant with a glass roof.

Basilica di San Francesco, Assisi: nave of the lower church

RIBA25027
Bombardone, Brother Elia
NOTES: The design and supervision of the construction of the Romanesque lower basilica, built between 1228 and 1230, is attributed to Frate Elia Bombardone. The Gothic style lateral chapels were added towards the end of the 13th century. - Italy: Assisi: S. Francesco: nave of lower church, 1228-30 (archt thought to be Frate Elia): decoration by anonymous artist (Maestro di S. Francesco) (45482) (P I N 4815)

The Baptistery, Parma: view of the painted domed ceiling

RIBA25491
Antelami, Benedetto
NOTES: This is an octagonal pink marble structure inside of which there are sixteen arches, forming alcoves each containing a painted scene. Designed by Benedetto Antelami, who was director of works from 1196 to 1216, it was begun in the Romanesque style and completed in the Gothic.
Categories
Close
)
CLOSE