Welcome to RIBApix!
You have no items in your basket.
Close
Filters
Search

Villages

View as Grid List
Sort by

Prickshaw Village, Broadley, Lancashire

RIBA149105
Deakin, Tony
NOTES: Prickshaw Village is a stone-built hamlet on the Pennines, which housed a thriving textile community in the early and mid-19th century. It became derelict in the 1960s, but was brought back to life in 1989 by Rochdale Borough Council, who comissioned a firm of local builders, who in turn commissioned the architect Tony Deakin. It was given a Civic Trust award in 1994, for the sensitivity of the restoration in 1994. See RIBA158959 for a colour version of this image.

Prickshaw Village, Broadley, Lancashire: detail of window

RIBA149106
Deakin, Tony
NOTES: Prickshaw Village is a stone-built hamlet on the Pennines, which housed a thriving textile community in the early and mid-19th century. It became derelict in the 1960s, but was brought back to life in 1989 by Rochdale Borough Council, who comissioned a firm of local builders, who in turn commissioned the architect Tony Deakin. It was given a Civic Trust award in 1994, for the sensitivity of the restoration in 1994. See RIBA158962 for a colour version of this image.

Prickshaw Village, Broadley, Lancashire: detail of door knocker

RIBA149107
Deakin, Tony
NOTES: Prickshaw Village is a stone-built hamlet on the Pennines, which housed a thriving textile community in the early and mid-19th century. It became derelict in the 1960s, but was brought back to life in 1989 by Rochdale Borough Council, who comissioned a firm of local builders, who in turn commissioned the architect Tony Deakin. It was given a Civic Trust award in 1994, for the sensitivity of the restoration in 1994.

Prickshaw Village, Broadley, Lancashire: detail of stone mullions in one of the houses

RIBA149108
Deakin, Tony
NOTES: Prickshaw Village is a stone-built hamlet on the Pennines, which housed a thriving textile community in the early and mid-19th century. It became derelict in the 1960s, but was brought back to life in 1989 by Rochdale Borough Council, who comissioned a firm of local builders, who in turn commissioned the architect Tony Deakin. It was given a Civic Trust award in 1994, for the sensitivity of the restoration in 1994.

Prickshaw Village, Broadley, Lancashire: detail of rainwater head

RIBA149109
Deakin, Tony
NOTES: Prickshaw Village is a stone-built hamlet on the Pennines, which housed a thriving textile community in the early and mid-19th century. It became derelict in the 1960s, but was brought back to life in 1989 by Rochdale Borough Council, who comissioned a firm of local builders, who in turn commissioned the architect Tony Deakin. It was given a Civic Trust award in 1994, for the sensitivity of the restoration in 1994. See RIBA158963 for a colour version of this image.

Prickshaw Village, Broadley, Lancashire

RIBA149110
Deakin, Tony
NOTES: Prickshaw Village is a stone-built hamlet on the Pennines, which housed a thriving textile community in the early and mid-19th century. It became derelict in the 1960s, but was brought back to life in 1989 by Rochdale Borough Council, who comissioned a firm of local builders, who in turn commissioned the architect Tony Deakin. It was given a Civic Trust award in 1994, for the sensitivity of the restoration in 1994. See RIBA158964 for a colour version of this image.

Prickshaw Village, Broadley, Lancashire: a recessed entrance

RIBA149111
Deakin, Tony
NOTES: Prickshaw Village is a stone-built hamlet on the Pennines, which housed a thriving textile community in the early and mid-19th century. It became derelict in the 1960s, but was brought back to life in 1989 by Rochdale Borough Council, who comissioned a firm of local builders, who in turn commissioned the architect Tony Deakin. It was given a Civic Trust award in 1994, for the sensitivity of the restoration in 1994.

Kirkton Cottages, Fortingall

RIBA158486
MacLaren, James Marjoribanks (1853-1890)
NOTES: The Perthshire village of Fortingall was built between 1890 and 1891 for shipowner Sir Donald Currie, who had bought the Glenlyon Estate, including the village, in 1885. It was designed by James M MacLaren and remains an important example of Arts and Crafts vernacular architecture in Scotland. See RIBA145340 for a black and white version of this image.

Kirton Cottages, Fortingall

RIBA158487
MacLaren, James Marjoribanks (1853-1890)
NOTES: The Perthshire village of Fortingall was built between 1890 and 1891 for shipowner Sir Donald Currie, who had bought the Glenlyon Estate, including the village, in 1885. It was designed by James M MacLaren and remains an important example of Arts and Crafts vernacular architecture in Scotland. See RIBA145342 for a black and white version of this image.

Fortingall Hotel, Fortingall

RIBA158488
MacLaren, James Marjoribanks (1853-1890)
NOTES: The Perthshire village of Fortingall was built between 1890 and 1891 for shipowner Sir Donald Currie, who had bought the Glenlyon Estate, including the village, in 1885. It was designed by James M MacLaren and remains an important example of Arts and Crafts vernacular architecture in Scotland. See RIBA145343 for a black and white version of this image.

Cottages, Fortingall

RIBA158489
MacLaren, James Marjoribanks (1853-1890)
NOTES: The Perthshire village of Fortingall was built between 1890 and 1891 for shipowner Sir Donald Currie, who had bought the Glenlyon Estate, including the village, in 1885. It was designed by James M MacLaren and remains an important example of Arts and Crafts vernacular architecture in Scotland. See RIBA145345 for a black and white version of this image.

Cottage, Fortingall

RIBA158490
MacLaren, James Marjoribanks (1853-1890)
NOTES: The Perthshire village of Fortingall was built between 1890 and 1891 for shipowner Sir Donald Currie, who had bought the Glenlyon Estate, including the village, in 1885. It was designed by James M MacLaren and remains an important example of Arts and Crafts vernacular architecture in Scotland. See RIBA145347 for a black and white version of this image.
Close
)
CLOSE