Welcome to RIBApix!
You have no items in your basket.
Close
Filters
Search

Vicarages

View as Grid List
Sort by

Designs for bishop's residence and clergy house (now Archibishop's House and Cathedral House) for St George's Roman Catholic Cathedral, Southwark, London: basement plan of drains

RIBA126472
Walters, Frederick Arthur (1849-1931)
NOTES: A. W. N. Pugin won a limited competition in 1839 to design a large Roman Catholic church in Southwark for the growing Irish population of the area with, in addition, a house for four clergy, and schools for 300 boys and 200 girls. The church was designated a cathedral in 1852. In the 1880s the bishop wished to expand the number of priests at the cathedral and the schools were removed to a new site and the old site used for a new episcopal residence and a clergy house, also including a seminary and convent, which were built to the designs of Frederick A. Walters incorporating parts of PuginÔÇÖs original buildings.

Designs for bishop's residence and clergy house (now Archibishop's House and Cathedral House) for St George's Roman Catholic Cathedral, Southwark, London: details of staircase in the clergy wing

RIBA126473
Walters, Frederick Arthur (1849-1931)
NOTES: A. W. N. Pugin won a limited competition in 1839 to design a large Roman Catholic church in Southwark for the growing Irish population of the area with, in addition, a house for four clergy, and schools for 300 boys and 200 girls. The church was designated a cathedral in 1852. In the 1880s the bishop wished to expand the number of priests at the cathedral and the schools were removed to a new site and the old site used for a new episcopal residence and a clergy house, also including a seminary and convent, which were built to the designs of Frederick A. Walters incorporating parts of PuginÔÇÖs original buildings.

Designs for proposed alterations to the library in Cathedral House, St George's Roman Catholic Cathedral, Southwark, London: part-plan, sections and details of windows and glazed door

RIBA126475
Walters, Frederick Arthur (1849-1931)
NOTES: A. W. N. Pugin won a limited competition in 1839 to design a large Roman Catholic church in Southwark for the growing Irish population of the area with, in addition, a house for four clergy, and schools for 300 boys and 200 girls. The church was designated a cathedral in 1852. In the 1880s the bishop wished to expand the number of priests at the cathedral and the schools were removed to a new site and the old site used for a new episcopal residence and a clergy house, also including a seminary and convent, which were built to the designs of Frederick A. Walters incorporating parts of PuginÔÇÖs original buildings.

All Saints, Margaret Street, Fitzrovia, London: the presbytery

RIBA132705
Butterfield, William (1814-1900)

All Saints, Margaret Street, Fitzrovia, London: the presbytery

RIBA132721
Butterfield, William (1814-1900)
NOTES: See RIBA132724 for a colour version of this image.

All Saints, Margaret Street, Fitzrovia, London: the presbytery

RIBA132724
Butterfield, William (1814-1900)
NOTES: See RIBA132721 for a black and white version of this image.

Green Lane House, Brampton: the south (garden) front

RIBA145130
Webb, Philip Speakman (1831-1915)
NOTES: See RIBA158150 for a colour version of this image.

Green Lane House, Brampton: the two-storey bay on the south (garden) front

RIBA145131
Webb, Philip Speakman (1831-1915)
NOTES: See RIBA158151 for a colour version of this image.

Green Lane House, Brampton: the south (garden) front

RIBA145132
Webb, Philip Speakman (1831-1915)
NOTES: See RIBA158152 for a colour version of this image.

Green Lane House, Brampton: the north front

RIBA145133
Webb, Philip Speakman (1831-1915)

Green Lane House, Brampton: the north front

RIBA145143
Webb, Philip Speakman (1831-1915)

Old Rectory, Church Lane, Averham, Nottinghamshire: detail of window bay with date

RIBA154398
Patterson, William
NOTES: See RIBA159447 for a colour version of this image.
Close
)
CLOSE