NOTES: In 1952 the Royal Foundation of St Katherine moved to this site, formerly occupied by the church of St James Ratcliffe (1838) which was destroyed by bombing during World War II. The Georgian vicarage, originally known as the Master's House, was built in 1795-1796 for the sugar refiner and director of the Phoenix Assurance Company, Matthew Whiting. The new chapel was designed by R. E. Enthoven and completed in 1951.
NOTES: The client rejected the first two schemes for aesthetic and financial reasons. The vicarage was built to a third design by Scott, similar to the second but simplified with dormers instead of gables.