NOTES: This moated manor house is an exemplar of the timber-framed Tudor black-and-white house. The earliest part of the Hall was probably built by Richard de Moreton in the mid 15th century. The west, or kitchen end was built (or rebuilt) by William Moreton c.1480. The last major extension was the south wing added in 1570-1580. The 'domestic block' was added to the south wing in the early 1600s.