NOTES: This image is one of many taken by Ivy de Wolfe, the pseudonym of Hazel de Cronin Hastings, of Italian subjects. Many of these appeared in the book 'The Italian Townscape' by Ivor de Wolfe (London, Architectural Press, 1963).
NOTES: Opened in the Cavalier's Building at Nymphenburg in 1952, the Marstallmuseum houses a collection of historic state coaches and gala coupes, ceremonial sleighs and riding equipment from the former Royal stables.
NOTES: George Day was one of the last surviving tinkers in London, when this portrait was taken. He plied his trade of sharpening knives, mending pots and pans, china, doormats, or re-caning chairs in the N19 district of north London. The barrow is an heirloom of some 80 years old.
NOTES: This head office building was commissioned by the Proprietors of Hay's Wharf, pioneers of cold storage, who controlled almost all the wharves on the South Bank between Tower Bridge and London Bridge from 1710-1969. The wharves closed in 1969 and the wharf buildings were eventually converted into a multi-purpose complex called the Hay's Galleria which opened in 1987. Goodhart-Rendel's building became the Consulting and Administration rooms for the London Bridge Hospital which opened in 1986.