Welcome to RIBApix!
You have no items in your basket.
Close
Filters
Search

Vehicles

View as Grid List
Sort by

Market warehouses, Crispin and Steward Streets, Spitalfields, London

RIBA5303
Perks, Sydney (d. 1944)
NOTES: Erected in 1926-1928 under the supervision of Sydney Perks, then Surveyor to the City of London, these buildings were extensions to the west of the original 19th century wholesale, fruit and flower market between Crispin and Steward Streets. The market was relocated to a new site in Leyton in 1991. These buildings were controversially demolished to make way for Bishop's Square, the mixed-use development which includes the headquarters of Allen & Overy designed by Foster & Partners and built in 2003-2005.

Chamundi Temple, Mysore, showing the gopuram and an idol cart

RIBA13908
NOTES: The site of worship for over a thousand years the temple was repaired in 1827 by the Maharajah of Mysore who also had the gopuram built.

Chamundi Temple, Mysore, showing the gopuram and an idol cart

RIBA14029
SOURCE: Architecture in Dharwar and Mysore photographed by the late Dr Pigou ... [et al.] ; with an historical and descriptive memoir by Meadows Taylor ... and architectural notes by James Fergusson (London, 1886)

Idol cart with stone wheels, Banashankari

RIBA14032
SOURCE: Architecture in Dharwar and Mysore photographed by the late Dr Pigou ... [et al.] ; with an historical and descriptive memoir by Meadows Taylor ... and architectural notes by James Fergusson (London, 1886)

Chamundi Temple, Mysore, showing an idol cart

RIBA14033
SOURCE: Architecture in Dharwar and Mysore photographed by the late Dr Pigou ... [et al.] ; with an historical and descriptive memoir by Meadows Taylor ... and architectural notes by James Fergusson (London, 1886)

St Katharine Docks, London: the paved road behind the high brick-walled quayside warehouses

RIBA17260
Hardwick, Philip (1792-1870)
NOTES: Part of the Port of London and built in 1825-1828 by the St Katharine Dock Company, this was the smallest group of London's enclosed docks. Thomas Telford engineered the docks while Philip Hardwick designed the quayside warehouses.
)
CLOSE