Welcome to RIBApix!
You have no items in your basket.
Close
Filters
Search

Vaulting

View as Grid List
Sort by

St Mary Magdalene, Ickleton, Cambridgeshire: detail of vaulting in the porch roof

RIBA137570
NOTES: The church is a mixture of periods, 12th, 13th and 14th centuries. The interior is largely Norman with reused Roman columns in the nave. The nave was heightened in the 14th century. The chancel was rebuilt in 1882-1883. The church also has a distinctive lead broach spire.

St Mary, Mildenhall, Suffolk: the vaulting on the ground floor of the north porch, seen from below

RIBA137714
Farrow, Thomas
NOTES: The oldest parts of the church date from c. 1240-1300 which are the north chapel, east end and chancel, notably the east window (c. 1300). The rest of the church was built 1441-1478, including the tower, which was restored in 1864. A general restoration was was carried out in 1849, including the interior and re-roofing of the chancel by Thomas Farrow. In 1875-1876 the south porch was rebuilt as part of the restoration of the south aisle, possibly by J. D. Wyatt.

St Mary, Mildenhall, Suffolk: detail of the fan vaulting in the ground floor of the west tower

RIBA137718
Farrow, Thomas
NOTES: The oldest parts of the church date from c. 1240-1300 which are the north chapel, east end and chancel, notably the east window (c. 1300). The rest of the church was built 1441-1478, including the tower, which was restored in 1864. A general restoration was was carried out in 1849, including the interior and re-roofing of the chancel by Thomas Farrow. In 1875-1876 the south porch was rebuilt as part of the restoration of the south aisle, possibly by J. D. Wyatt.

St Mary Mildenhall, Suffolk: detail of fan vaulting in the ground floor of the west tower

RIBA137721
Farrow, Thomas
NOTES: The oldest parts of the church date from c. 1240-1300 which are the north chapel, east end and chancel, notably the east window (c. 1300). The rest of the church was built 1441-1478, including the tower, which was restored in 1864. A general restoration was was carried out in 1849, including the interior and re-roofing of the chancel by Thomas Farrow. In 1875-1876 the south porch was rebuilt as part of the restoration of the south aisle, possibly by J. D. Wyatt.
Categories
)
CLOSE