NOTES: A parish Church 11th century in origin, but largely rebuilt in the 12th century. Enlarged over subsequent centuries, it was restored c 1875 (including the roof) by George Edmund Street. The outstanding timber roof is 1485.
NOTES: Construction on the church began in Decorated style c.1309. Work on the Perpendicular tower began c.1425-1430 and was completed c.1510-1520. Sir George Gilbert Scott carried out major restoration work in 1845-1847.
NOTES: This church, built c.1230-1240 in Early English style, was formerly the chapel 'ante portas' of the abbey. The church closed in 1977 and was rescued from total decay by the Society for the Protection of Ancient Buildings. It was eventually restored by William Weir in 1913-1914. The screen could be coeval with the chapel and would therefore be one of the earliest wooden screens in existence.
NOTES: The tower was begun c.1440-1445 and completed by the broach spire which was built in 1501-1515. The completed steeple is the tallest in Perpendicular style of any English parish church and is considered to be the most perfect.