Welcome to RIBApix!
You have no items in your basket.
Close
Filters
Search

Vaulting

View as Grid List
Sort by

Santa Maria degli Angeli, Rome

RIBA6668
Michelangelo (1475-1564)
SOURCE: Giovanni Battista Piranesi. Vedute di Roma (Rome, [1747?-1788]), pl. 129 NOTES: The church occupies the central hall of the Baths of Diocletian. Michelangelo designed the conversion in 1563-1566 for Pius IV, but Vanvitelli altered the church in 1749.

St George's Chapel, Windsor: the organ loft seen from the nave

RIBA6686
Janyns, Henry (fl. 1453-1483)
NOTES: Construction on the chapel was begun by Edward IV in 1475 under the direction of the master mason, Henry Janyns, and was completed during the reign of Henry VIII in 1528. The present organ loft was built during restoration works in the reign of King George III. The design was by Henry Emlyn and sits on a screen constructed from an artificial stone called Coade.

St George's Chapel, Windsor

RIBA6687
Janyns, Henry (fl. 1453-1483)
NOTES: Construction on the chapel was begun by Edward IV in 1475 under the direction of the master mason, Henry Janyns, and was completed during the reign of Henry VIII in 1528.

St George's Chapel, Windsor: the choir

RIBA6688
Janyns, Henry (fl. 1453-1483)
NOTES: Construction on the chapel was begun by Edward IV in 1475 under the direction of the master mason, Henry Janyns, and was completed during the reign of Henry VIII in 1528. The choir and its aisles were completed in 1477-1483. The stone vaulting of the nave was completed in 1528.

St Helen, Cliffe, Kent: the vaulted piscina and sedilia built into the south wall of the chancel

RIBA6721
NOTES: This cruciform church was built c. 1260 in Early Gothic style. The chancel, built in the mid-14th century, is in Decorated style.

St Mary, Warwick: the Beauchamp Chapel

RIBA6744
NOTES: The Beauchamp Chapel was begun in 1443, completed in 1464 and consecrated in 1475.

St Mary the Virgin, Saffron Walden, Essex: the nave clerestory on the north side

RIBA6778
NOTES: The original Norman church of 1130 was rebuilt and enlarged in Decorated style in 1250-1258. General rebuilding in Perpendicular style began in 1450, and the church is considered to be one of the finest churches in the county of Essex.

St Peter and St Paul, East Harling, Norfolk: the nave with hammer-beam roof seen from the chancel

RIBA6794
NOTES: Construction on this church began c.1300 and was completed in Gothic style by 1450.

St Peter and St Paul, Swaffham, Norfolk: the hammer-beam roof and clerestory windows

RIBA6809
Milne, William Oswald (1847-1927)
NOTES: The church was heavily restored, including the roof in 1888-1895 by William Milne.
Categories
)
CLOSE