NOTES: Clare Hall is a constituent college of the University of Cambridge. It was founded by Clare College for advanced study, admitting only postgraduate students, and opened in 1967. Erskine designed the complex like a concentrated village comprising twenty dwellings of six types with common and dining rooms, seminar rooms and studies, a basement car park, administration offices and kitchens on the east side of the site.
NOTES: The construction of the New Bodleian Library, intended primarily for book storage, was begun in 1936 and largely finished by 1940. However, during the war years it was used for other purposes and not completed and officially opened until 1946. In 2015 it was reopened following renovation as the Weston Library, for readers and researchers of special collections.