NOTES: County Hall, designed by Ralph Knott in 1911 and completed in 1922, was the headquarters of London County Council, which became the Greater London Council (GLC) in 1965. It remained the seat of local government until the GLC was abolished in 1986. Marks & Barfield designed the London Eye in 2000 for the Millennium celebrations.
NOTES: St Pancras Station opened in 1868 while the hotel, also known as the Midland Grand Hotel, opened in 1874. The latter was built for the eponymous railway company to receive travellers through the adjacent St Pancras Station. It was converted into offices in 1935.
NOTES: The station, designed by Philip Hardwick, was opened in 1837 and soon expanded with the Great Hall by Philip Charles Hardwick opening in 1849. Reginald Wynn Owen was the architect to the railway company at the time of the photograph and responsible for works at the station.
NOTES: Built on the marshy tidelands of Idlewild Golf Course, this airport was originally known as Idlewild. It was renamed John F. Kennedy, on 24 December 1963 in honour of the recently assasinated American president.