NOTES: The station, designed by Philip Hardwick, was opened in 1837 and soon expanded with the Great Hall by Philip Charles Hardwick opening in 1849.
NOTES: This drawing was exhibited at the Royal Academy of Arts, London, in 1947 (no. 1079).
NOTES: Elizabeth ascended the throne upon the death of her father, King George VI, on 6 February 1952 and was crowned Queen Elizabeth II on 2 June 1953.
NOTES: Built in 1927-1929 on a triangular site, these headquarters for what is now London Underground Limited incorporated St James's Park underground station.