Welcome to RIBApix!
You have no items in your basket.
Close
Filters
Search

Transport

View as Grid List
Sort by

London Eye and County Hall, South Bank, Lambeth, London, seen from Westminster Bridge

RIBA3042-34
David Marks & Julia Barfield
NOTES: County Hall, designed by Ralph Knott in 1911 and completed in 1922, was the headquarters of London County Council, which became the Greater London Council (GLC) in 1965. It remained the seat of local government until the GLC was abolished in 1986. Marks & Barfield designed the London Eye in 2000 for the Millennium celebrations.

Victoria Embankment, London: the entrance to Westminster London Underground station with the London Eye on the South Bank in the background

RIBA3045-35
David Marks & Julia Barfield
NOTES: Westminster Bridge underground station opened officially in 1868. The use of the roundel with the station name in the blue bar dates from 1908.

St Pancras Hotel and Chambers, Euston Road, London

RIBA3132-40
Scott, Sir George Gilbert (1811-1878)
NOTES: St Pancras Station opened in 1868 while the hotel, also known as the Midland Grand Hotel, opened in 1874. The latter was built for the eponymous railway company to receive travellers through the adjacent St Pancras Station. It was converted into offices in 1935.

Tramway gas station, Palm Springs, California

RIBA3134-40
Frey, Albert (1903-1998)

Stockwell bus garage, Lambeth, London

RIBA3254-49
Adie Button & Partners

New headquarters of the London Electric Railway Company (later London Underground), 55 Broadway, Westminster, London: perspective view of the entrance front

RIBA3317-51
Adams Holden & Pearson
NOTES: Built in 1927-1929 on a triangular site, these headquarters for what is now London Underground Limited incorporated St James's Park underground station.

Paddington Station, London: the north train shed

RIBA3344-52
Brunel, Isambard Kingdom (1806-1859)
NOTES: Isambard Kingdom Brunel, engineer of the Great Western Railway, designed this London terminus for the railway company with the assistance of the architect, Sir Matthew Digby Wyatt.

Great Hall, Euston Station, London: interior with R. Wynn Owen and colleague reading notes in the middle distance

RIBA3372-54
Hardwick, Philip Charles (1822-1892)
NOTES: The station, designed by Philip Hardwick, was opened in 1837 and soon expanded with the Great Hall by Philip Charles Hardwick opening in 1849. Reginald Wynn Owen was the architect to the railway company at the time of the photograph and responsible for works at the station.

TWA Terminal, John F Kennedy International Airport, New York: roof detail

RIBA3379-54
Saarinen, Eero (1910-1961)
NOTES: Built on the marshy tidelands of Idlewild Golf Course, this airport was originally known as Idlewild. It was renamed John F. Kennedy, on 24 December 1963 in honour of the recently assasinated American president.

Euston Arch, Euston Station, London

RIBA3419-57
Hardwick, Philip (1792-1870)
NOTES: This monumental arch was controversially demolished in 1962 to make way for a new modern complex, designed by R. L. Moorcroft, Midland regional architect of British Railways, completed in 1968.
)
CLOSE