Gandon, James (1742-1823)
NOTES: James Gandon designed the 1791 Carlisle Bridge which was widened in 1890 and renamed the O'Connell Bridge.
NOTES: The bridge is dated 1791 and Herbert Place was developed between the 1790s and the 1830s.
NOTES: The building on the left in the background is the Tholsel (or Toll Stall), dating from 1806.
NOTES: St Anne's Shandon was completed in 1722 but the steeple was only added in 1749.
NOTES: St Anne's Shandon was built in 1722, the buttermarket in 1796.
Pain, James (1779-1877)
NOTES: King John's Castle dates from the 13th century. Thomond Bridge was designed by James Pain in 1836.
Roberts, John (1712-1796)
NOTES: The Chamber of Commerce building was designed by John Roberts in 1795.