Welcome to RIBApix!
You have no items in your basket.
Close
Filters
Search

Town halls

View as Grid List
Sort by

Cardiff City Hall, Cathays Park, Cardiff

RIBA11803
Lanchester Stewart & Rickards

Cardiff City Hall, Cathays Park, Cardiff

RIBA11804
Lanchester Stewart & Rickards

Neptune and Trinity, Portmeirion, with the Town Hall in the background

RIBA11848
Williams-Ellis, Sir Clough (1883-1978)
NOTES: Neptune was built in 1926, Trinity in 1933-1934 and the Town Hall in 1937-1938.

Town Hall, Portmeirion: Hercules Hall (or Ballroom)

RIBA11854
NOTES: The Town Hall was built in 1937-1938. The windows and plaster ceiling of Hercules Hall both belonged to the Jacobean part of Emral Hall in Flintshire which was demolished in the 1930s. The wood panelling, also from Emral Hall, dates from the 1720s.

High Street and Town House with war memorial in the foreground, Auchtermuchty

RIBA11957
NOTES: The town house dates from 1728 but was substantially altered in the 19th century.

Design for the Town Hall, Congleton, Cheshire: section

RIBA12530
Godwin, Edward William (1833-1886)

Perspective of County Hall under construction, Lambeth, London

RIBA12752
Knott, Ralph (1878-1929)
NOTES: Construction on this building began in 1911 and was completed in 1922. It served as the headquarters of London County Council, which became the Greater London Council (GLC) in 1965, until the GLC was abolished in 1986.

Design for County Hall, Lambeth, London

RIBA12838
Lanchester, Henry Vaughan (1863-1953)

Design for the river front of County Hall, Lambeth, London

RIBA12839
Knott, Ralph (1878-1929)
NOTES: Construction on this building began in 1911 and was completed in 1922. It served as the headquarters of London County Council, which became the Greater London Council (GLC) in 1965, until the GLC was abolished in 1986.

Medals: Art Union of London medal, 1855 (reverse: Blenheim Palace, Woodstock); Commemorating the opening of the Town Hall, Lancaster, 1909; Centenary of the London and Birmingham Railway 1838-1938, 1938; Church of St James, Congleton, Cheshire, ca. 1880

RIBA13023
NOTES: The Art Union of London medal was designed by Benjamin Wyon and shows on the obverse a portrait of Sir John Vanbrugh and on the reverse the central block of Blenheim Palace. The medal commemmoration the opening of Lancaster Town Hall was created by the Bromsgrove Guild.
Close
)
CLOSE