NOTES: This drawing is numbered X/15 recto in the Burlington-Devonshire Collection. It includes observations on the construction of the town hall in Brescia, designed in 1550 by Lodovico Beretta. It also shows Palladio's sketch designs of palace projects as well as a design for the Nymphaeum at Maser for Daniele and Marc'Antonio Barbaro.
NOTES: The foundation stone for the building was laid in November 1939 but construction was paused during the war and the building was not completed until 1954. This drawing is probably that exhibited at the Royal Academy of Arts, London, in 1939 (number 1053, 'Shire Hall for the County of Nottingham, Trent Bridge').