Welcome to RIBApix!
You have no items in your basket.
Close
Filters
Search

Town halls

View as Grid List
Sort by

Design for the Shire Hall [County Hall], West Bridgford, Nottingham: perspective seen from Trent Bridge

RIBA127094
Harris, Emanuel Vincent (1876-1971)
NOTES: The foundation stone for the building was laid in November 1939 but construction was paused during the war and the building was not completed until 1954. This drawing is probably that exhibited at the Royal Academy of Arts, London, in 1939 (number 1053, 'Shire Hall for the County of Nottingham, Trent Bridge').

Palazzo d'Accursio o Communale, Piazza Maggiore, Bologna, at night

RIBA136025
Fioravanti, Fioravante
NOTES: The Palazzo d'Accursio also known as the Palazzo Communale incorporates buildings of many different periods. Its origins go back to the 13th century when it was acquired by the commune in 1287 from Francesco d'Accursio. In 1336 the various palaces around the square were united as one town hall. In 1425-1428 the palace to the right of the main entrance was rebuilt by Fioravante Fioravanti and the whole structure fortified in the 16th century by the papal legates as their residence.

Palazzo d'Accursio o Communale, Piazza Maggiore, Bologna: the colonnade

RIBA136026
Fioravanti, Fioravante
NOTES: The Palazzo d'Accursio also known as the Palazzo Communale incoroporates buildings of many different periods. Its origins go back to the 13th century when it was acquired by the commune in 1287 from Francesco d'Accursio. In 1336 the various palaces around the square were united as one town hall. In 1425-1428 the palace to the right of the main entrance was rebuilt by Fioravante Fioravanti and the whole structure fortified in the 16th century by the papal legates as their residence.

Palazzo d'Accursio o Communale, Piazza Maggiore, Bologna: looking towards the clock tower

RIBA136027
Fioravanti, Fioravante
NOTES: The Palazzo d'Accursio also known as the Palazzo Communale incoroporates buildings of many different periods. Its origins go back to the 13th century when it was acquired by the commune in 1287 from Francesco d'Accursio. In 1336 the various palaces around the square were united as one town hall. In 1425-1428 the palace to the right of the main entrance was rebuilt by Fioravante Fioravanti and the whole structure fortified in the 16th century by the papal legates as their residence.

Palazzo d'Accursio o Communale, Piazza Maggiore, Bologna

RIBA136028
Fioravanti, Fioravante
NOTES: The Palazzo d'Accursio also known as the Palazzo Communale incoroporates buildings of many different periods. Its origins go back to the 13th century when it was acquired by the commune in 1287 from Francesco d'Accursio. In 1336 the various palaces around the square were united as one town hall. In 1425-1428 the palace to the right of the main entrance was rebuilt by Fioravante Fioravanti and the whole structure fortified in the 16th century by the papal legates as their residence.

County Hall and Embankment, Lambeth, London, seen at night

RIBA138514
Knott, Ralph (1878-1929)
NOTES: Construction on this building began in 1911 and was completed in 1922. It served as the headquarters of London County Council, which became the Greater London Council (GLC) in 1965, until the GLC was abolished in 1986.

County Hall and Westminster Bridge, Lambeth, London, seen at night

RIBA138515
Knott, Ralph (1878-1929)
NOTES: Construction on this building began in 1911 and was completed in 1922. It served as the headquarters of London County Council, which became the Greater London Council (GLC) in 1965, until the GLC was abolished in 1986.
)
CLOSE