Welcome to RIBApix!
You have no items in your basket.
Close
Filters
Search

Towers

View as Grid List
Sort by

North Quad, All Souls College, Oxford

RIBA5284
Hawksmoor, Nicholas (1661-1736)

Downton Castle, Downton-on-the-Rock, Herefordshire

RIBA5388
Knight, Richard Payne (1750-1824)
NOTES: Built by Richard Payne Knight, virtuoso, archaeologist and anthropologist, c.1772-1778, this house is one of the earliest contrived castellated castles. Knight was assisted in the early stages of building by Thomas Farnolls Pritchard.

Madeley Court, Madeley, Ironbridge Gorge, Shropshire: the dilapidated gatehouse

RIBA5395
NOTES: This manor house was saved from complete dereliction when it was purchased by the Telford Development Corporation in 1964 and urgent repairs were subsequently undertaken. It was sold again in 1984 and transformed into a luxury hotel.

Baptistery, Parma

RIBA5452
Antelami, Benedetto
NOTES: This is an octagonal pink marble structure inside of which there are sixteen arches, forming alcoves each containing a painted scene. Designed by Benedetto Antelami, who was director of works from 1196 to 1216, it was begun in the Romanesque style and completed in the Gothic.

Palazzo Ducale, Urbino: the west facade

RIBA5457
Laurana, Luciano (1420-1497)
NOTES: This palace was built for the Duke of Urbino, Federico da Montefeltro, between 1444 and 1472. Luciano Laurana from Dalmatia was appointed chief architect in 1468.

Palazzo Ducale, Urbino

RIBA5458
Laurana, Luciano (1420-1497)
NOTES: This palace was built for the Duke of Urbino, Federico da Montefeltro, between 1444 and 1472. Luciano Laurana from Dalmatia was appointed chief architect in 1468.

Palazzo Ducale (Doge's Palace), Venice

RIBA5509
Buon, Bartolomeo (b. 1400, d.c. 1464-1467)

Lincoln Cathedral: the vault of the central crossing tower

RIBA5631
NOTES: The building of the cathedral comprised three main periods; from 1072-1092; 1191 to c. 1250; and 1256 to c. 1300, with some alterations and additions to the towers in the 14th and 15th centuries.

St Mary, Sompting, West Sussex: the Saxon tower with Rhenish Helm spire

RIBA5652
NOTES: This Saxon church dates from the 11th century. The Knights Templar rebuilt the chancel and the nave on the original Saxon plan and added the present north and south transepts between 1154 and 1120. The timbers of the Rhenish Helm have been dendrochronologically dated to between 1300 and 1330. The helmet of the tower would therefore have been built by the Knights Hospitalllers who took over the church from the suppressed Templars in 1310.
Close
)
CLOSE