NOTES: Eric Bedford was the Chief Architect at the Ministry of Public Works (MOPBW) responsible for the design of the tower. The revolving restaurant was designed by Garnett Cloughley Blakemore & Associates.
NOTES: This air traffic control building, together with the Queen's Building (demolished in 2009) and the Europa Building (renamed Terminal 2 in 1968), was one of the original airport buildings designed by Frederick Gibberd for the Ministry of Transport. London Aiport was renamed 'Heathrow' in 1966.
NOTES: This, the main pier of what is now the South Terminal, was built during the 1956-1958 construction of Gatwick. Two additional piers were added in 1962 during the second stage of development which was completed in 1965.
NOTES: Built by Richard Payne Knight, virtuoso, archaeologist and anthropologist, c.1772-1778, this house is one of the earliest contrived castellated castles. Knight was assisted in the early stages of building by Thomas Farnolls Pritchard.