Welcome to RIBApix!
You have no items in your basket.
Close
Filters
Search

Towers

View as Grid List
Sort by

St Mary's Church, Swaffham Prior, Cambridgeshire: the west tower seen from the High Street

RIBA138493
Blomfield, Sir Arthur William (1829-1899)
NOTES: The oldest parts of the church date from the 12th Century (namely the tower) although parts of the nave and chancel are c.1100 and survive from the Norman church on the site. Much of the rest including the nave, aisles and west porch were all built in the 15th Century. The church became ruinous in the early 19th century and was restored by Sir Arthur William Blomfield with the chancel and north vestry (1878-1879) and the nave (1902-1903). In 1964-1965 a steel clad spire was added by Cecil Bourne.

St Mary's Church, Swaffham Prior, Cambridgeshire, seen from the east

RIBA138494
Blomfield, Sir Arthur William (1829-1899)
NOTES: The oldest parts of the church date from the 12th Century (namely the tower) although parts of the nave and chancel are c.1100 and survive from the Norman church on the site. Much of the rest including the nave, aisles and west porch were all built in the 15th Century. The church became ruinous in the early 19th century and was restored by Sir Arthur William Blomfield with the chancel and north vestry (1878-1879) and the nave (1902-1903). In 1964-1965 a steel clad spire was added by Cecil Bourne.

St Mary's Church, Swaffham Prior, Cambridgeshire, seen from the south-east

RIBA138495
Blomfield, Sir Arthur William (1829-1899)
NOTES: The oldest parts of the church date from the 12th Century (namely the tower) although parts of the nave and chancel are c.1100 and survive from the Norman church on the site. Much of the rest including the nave, aisles and west porch were all built in the 15th Century. The church became ruinous in the early 19th century and was restored by Sir Arthur William Blomfield with the chancel and north vestry (1878-1879) and the nave (1902-1903). In 1964-1965 a steel clad spire was added by Cecil Bourne.

St Mary's Church, Swaffham Prior, Cambridgeshire: the west tower

RIBA138496
Blomfield, Sir Arthur William (1829-1899)
NOTES: The oldest parts of the church date from the 12th Century (namely the tower) although parts of the nave and chancel are c.1100 and survive from the Norman church on the site. Much of the rest including the nave, aisles and west porch were all built in the 15th Century. The church became ruinous in the early 19th century and was restored by Sir Arthur William Blomfield with the chancel and north vestry (1878-1879) and the nave (1902-1903). In 1964-1965 a steel clad spire was added by Cecil Bourne.

St Mary's Church, Swaffham Prior, Cambridgeshire: the west tower

RIBA138511
Blomfield, Sir Arthur William (1829-1899)
NOTES: The oldest parts of the church date from the 12th Century (namely the tower) although parts of the nave and chancel are c.1100 and survive from the Norman church on the site. Much of the rest including the nave, aisles and west porch were all built in the 15th Century. The church became ruinous in the early 19th century and was restored by Sir Arthur William Blomfield with the chancel and north vestry (1878-1879) and the nave (1902-1903). In 1964-1965 a steel clad spire was added by Cecil Bourne.

St Mary's Church, Swaffham Prior, Cambridgeshire: the west tower showing the Norman octagon seen from below

RIBA138512
Blomfield, Sir Arthur William (1829-1899)
NOTES: The oldest parts of the church date from the 12th Century (namely the tower) although parts of the nave and chancel are c.1100 and survive from the Norman church on the site. Much of the rest including the nave, aisles and west porch were all built in the 15th Century. The church became ruinous in the early 19th century and was restored by Sir Arthur William Blomfield with the chancel and north vestry (1878-1879) and the nave (1902-1903). In 1964-1965 a steel clad spire was added by Cecil Bourne.

Valve tower, Banbury Reservoir, Walthamstow, London

RIBA138525
NOTES: This tower is now part of the Walthamstow Wetlands, a complex of reservoirs, in north-east London.

Condemned tower blocks (companions to Ronan Point), Freemason's Estate, Canning Town, Newham, London

RIBA138533
NOTES: These eight 23-storey tower blocks were built with the Larsen-Neilsen system, which had been used at Ronan Point. Following the collapse of Ronan Point in 1968, these blocks were earmarked for demolition, which was finally carried out after 1986.

Kingsway Tunnel ventilation shafts, Wallasey

RIBA138627
Bradshaw Rowse & Harker
NOTES: The Kingsway tunnel ventilation shafts are two identical structures on the opposite sides of the Mersey which provide ventilation for the Kingsway road tunnel. They were completed in 1971 when the Kingsway tunnel was completed between Liverpool and Wallasey.

Kingsway Tunnel ventilation shafts, Wallasey

RIBA138628
Bradshaw Rowse & Harker
NOTES: The Kingsway tunnel ventilation shafts are two identical structures on the opposite sides of the Mersey which provide ventilation for the Kingsway road tunnel. They were completed in 1971 when the Kingsway tunnel was completed between Liverpool and Wallasey.
Close
)
CLOSE