Welcome to RIBApix!
You have no items in your basket.
Close
Filters
Search

Towers

View as Grid List
Sort by

St Andrew's Church, Sutton-in-the-Isle, Cambridgeshire: detail of the top of the west tower

RIBA138478
NOTES: The church was begun by Bishop Barnet (1366-1373) and continued by Bishop Arundel (1374-1388). The tower was added in the 15th century, its design based on the Ely Octagon.

St Andrew's Church, Sutton-in-the-Isle, Cambridgeshire: the west tower

RIBA138482
NOTES: The church was begun by Bishop Barnet (1366-1373) and continued by Bishop Arundel (1374-1388). The tower was added in the 15th century, its design based on the Ely Octagon.

St Andrew's Church, Sutton-in-the-Isle, Cambridgeshire, seen from High Street

RIBA138483
NOTES: The church was begun by Bishop Barnet (1366-1373) and continued by Bishop Arundel (1374-1388). The tower was added in the 15th century, its design based on the Ely Octagon.

High Street, Sutton-in-the-Isle, Cambridgeshire: looking east with St Andrew's Church in the background

RIBA138484
NOTES: The church was begun by Bishop Barnet (1366-1373) and continued by Bishop Arundel (1374-1388). The tower was added in the 15th century, its design based on the Ely Octagon.

St Andrew's Church, Sutton-in-the-Isle, Cambridgeshire, seen from the High Street

RIBA138485
NOTES: The church was begun by Bishop Barnet (1366-1373) and continued by Bishop Arundel (1374-1388). The tower was added in the 15th century, its design based on the Ely Octagon.

St Cyriac and St Julitta, Swaffham Prior, Cambridgeshire

RIBA138486
Humfrey, Charles (1772-1848)
NOTES: The west tower dates from the late 15th Century (1490), but the rest of the church was rebuilt in 1806-1809 by Charles Humfrey.

St Cyriac and St Julitta, Swaffham Prior, Cambridgeshire

RIBA138487
Humfrey, Charles (1772-1848)
NOTES: The west tower dates from the late 15th Century (1490), but the rest of the church was rebuilt in 1806-1809 by Charles Humfrey.

St Cyriac and St Julitta, Swaffham Prior, Cambridgeshire

RIBA138488
Humfrey, Charles (1772-1848)
NOTES: The west tower dates from the late 15th Century (1490), but the rest of the church was rebuilt in 1806-1809 by Charles Humfrey.

St Cyriac and St Julitta, Swaffham Prior, Cambridgeshire: detail of the tower

RIBA138489
Humfrey, Charles (1772-1848)
NOTES: The west tower dates from the late 15th Century (1490), but the rest of the church was rebuilt in 1806-1809 by Charles Humfrey.

St Cyriac and St Julitta, Swaffham Prior, Cambridgeshire, looking up the tower

RIBA138490
Humfrey, Charles (1772-1848)
NOTES: The west tower dates from the late 15th Century (1490), but the rest of the church was rebuilt in 1806-1809 by Charles Humfrey.

St Cyriac and St Julitta, Swaffham Prior, Cambridgeshire

RIBA138491
Humfrey, Charles (1772-1848)
NOTES: The west tower dates from the late 15th Century (1490), but the rest of the church was rebuilt in 1806-1809 by Charles Humfrey.

St Mary's Church, Swaffham Prior, Cambridgeshire: the west tower seen from the High Street

RIBA138492
Blomfield, Sir Arthur William (1829-1899)
NOTES: The oldest parts of the church date from the 12th Century (namely the tower) although parts of the nave and chancel are c.1100 and survive from the Norman church on the site. Much of the rest including the nave, aisles and west porch were all built in the 15th Century. The church became ruinous in the early 19th century and was restored by Sir Arthur William Blomfield with the chancel and north vestry (1878-1879) and the nave (1902-1903). In 1964-1965 a steel clad spire was added by Cecil Bourne.
Close
)
CLOSE