NOTES: This circular building is carried on a concrete raft on which all columns rest and reinforced concrete was used for the structure of walls, floors and roof. The circle is divided into three zones: service, forming the hub, round which are grouped offices and recreational facitlities.
NOTES: This cylinder shaped tower serves as a ventilation and water tank facility for a nearby shopping centre. The tower is clad with perforated aluminium panels which shield the mirrored plates and lights within.
NOTES: St Pancras Station opened in 1868 while the hotel, also known as the Midland Grand Hotel, opened in 1874. The latter was built for the eponymous railway company to receive travellers through the adjacent St Pancras Station. It was converted into offices in 1935.
NOTES: This, the largest housing scheme by Westminster City Council, was built in four sections between 1946 and 1962. This photograph shows the estate before 1955 when the second two chimneys were added to Battersea Power Station which can be seen in the background.