SOURCE: Michel Roux-Spitz. Batiments et jardins, Exposition des Arts Decoratifs, Paris 1925 (Paris, 1925), pl. 28 NOTES: Andre Ventre and Pierre Patout were the architects of the pavilion while Henri Rapin designed the garden.
NOTES: The Jardin de las Damas was already in existence in the 16th century, albeit on a smaller scale. In the early 17th century Vermondo Resta extended and redesigned it, laying out the garden as a large rectangle with eight compartments along a central axis, as seen here with fountains at the intersections of the paths.