NOTES: The original house was built by Henry Clutton in 1863. It was rebuilt by Clutton in 1875-1879 after fire damage in 1873. It was bought by Lord Melchett in 1911and further re-modelled in 1912-1914 by Darcy Braddell.
NOTES: The new south and east ranges for William III and Queen Mary were begun by Wren in 1689. The interior of the King's Apartments on the south side was completed by his deputy Talman in 1694. Work on the Queen's Apartments on the east side continued until c.1718.