NOTES: This monument, one of a series dedicated to the Fettiplaces in the church, was erected by Sir Edmund (d.1613) and includes reclining effigies of himself on the top tier, and his father and grandfather below.
NOTES: The original Norman church of 1130 was rebuilt and enlarged in Decorated style in 1250-1258. General rebuilding in Perpendicular style began in 1450, and the church is considered to be one of the finest churches in the county of Essex.
NOTES: This chapel has been the parish church of the Tower of London since 1520 and is a Royal Peculiar. It is probably best known as the burial place of some of the most famous prisoners executed on Tower Green.
NOTES: This church was built in 1409-1425 by Lady Isabel de Pembrugge (d.1446) in memory of her relatives. The only later addition was the Vernon Chantry, the so-called 'Golden Chapel', built in 1515-1519 to the south side of the south aisle. The church was restored by Ewan Christian, which was completed in 1892.