Welcome to RIBApix!
You have no items in your basket.
Close
Filters
Search

Tombs

View as Grid List
Sort by

Pyramid of Caius Cestius, Rome

RIBA10198
SOURCE: Giovanni Battista Piranesi. Vedute di Roma (Rome, 1756), pl. 36

Egyptian sepulchral chamber

RIBA10313
SOURCE: Raccolta di disegni originali di Mauro Tesi (Bologna, 1787), pl. XXXI

Tomb of Jean-Jacques Rousseau on the Island of Poplars, Ermenonville

RIBA10369
SOURCE: Alexandre Louis Joseph, comte de Laborde. Description des nouveaux jardins de la France (Paris, 1808), pl. 34

West Norwood Cemetery, London: slanting tombstones in front of the Marsden mausoleum

RIBA10562
Tite, Sir William (1798-1873)
NOTES: Originally known as the South Metropolitan Cemetery, this 40-acre cemetery was consecrated in 1837. William Tite, who was the architect for the development company, was responsible for the landscaping and the design of some of the monuments.

West Norwood Cemetery, London: close-up of the relief of ships on the sarcophagus of Captain John Wimble

RIBA10564
NOTES: Originally known as the South Metropolitan Cemetery, this 40-acre cemetery was consecrated in 1837. William Tite, who was the architect for the development company, was responsible for the landscaping and the design of some of the monuments.

West Norwood Cemetery, London: the tomb of Alexander Berens inscribed with 'Deus protector mea' in the Greek Orthodox cemetery

RIBA10569
Barry, Edward Middleton (1830-1880)
NOTES: Originally known as the South Metropolitan Cemetery, this 40-acre cemetery was consecrated in 1837. William Tite, who was the architect for the development company, was responsible for the landscaping and the design of some of the monuments. This granite, black and red marble tomb in Italian Gothic style was designed by E. M. Barry and erected in 1858.

West Norwood Cemetery, London: St Stephen's Mortuary Chapel in the Greek Orthodox cemetery

RIBA10570
Scott, John Oldrid (1841-1913)
NOTES: Originally known as the South Metropolitan Cemetery, this 40-acre cemetery was consecrated in 1837. William Tite, who was the architect for the development company, was responsible for the landscaping and the design of some of the monuments. This Doric tetrastyle temple was built c. 1872 to commemorate Augustus Ralli, and its design is attributed to John Olrid Scott.

Grace Darling Monument, St Aidan's Church, Bamburgh

RIBA11006
Hicks, William Searle (1848 or 9-1902)
)
CLOSE