NOTES: The cemetery is more commonly known as The City of the Dead or The Tombs of the Caliphs.
NOTES: The north pair of the recesses in the Lady Chapel are occupied by the tombs of Sir John (d.1628) and Lady Dodderidge (d.1614).
SOURCE: Giovanni Battista Piranesi. Vedute di Roma (Rome, [1747?-1788]), pl. 130 NOTES: This tomb dates from the 1st century AD.
NOTES: This Saxon church, consisting of a chancel and aisle-less nave, is one of the most complete pre-Conquest structures in the south of England.