Welcome to RIBApix!
You have no items in your basket.
Close
Filters
Search

Timber framing

View as Grid List
Sort by

Ancient High House, Stafford: part of the first floor corridor showing the 1595 panelling worked in solid oak to give an illusion of true framing

RIBA130613
F. W. B. & Mary Charles
NOTES: The Ancient High House in Stafford, was a grand timber-framed town house built for the Dorrington family in 1595. The insertion of three shops on the ground floor in 1885 damaged the sandstone plinth and undermined the structure and affected the visual coherence of the whole design. The whole building was restored in four phases from 1976-1986. See RIBA130594 for a black and white version of this image.

Ancient High House, Stafford: the first-floor north room towards the main street before it was brought into use as a tourist shop

RIBA130614
F. W. B. & Mary Charles
NOTES: The Ancient High House in Stafford, was a grand timber-framed town house built for the Dorrington family in 1595. The insertion of three shops on the ground floor in 1885 damaged the sandstone plinth and undermined the structure and affected the visual coherence of the whole design. The whole building was restored in four phases from 1976-1986. See RIBA130595 for a black and white version of this image.

Ancient High House, Stafford: one of the upper floor rooms with fireplace

RIBA130615
F. W. B. & Mary Charles
NOTES: The Ancient High House in Stafford, was a grand timber-framed town house built for the Dorrington family in 1595. The insertion of three shops on the ground floor in 1885 damaged the sandstone plinth and undermined the structure and affected the visual coherence of the whole design. The whole building was restored in four phases from 1976-1986. See RIBA130596 for a black and white version of this image.

Ancient High House, Stafford: the rear elevation

RIBA130616
F. W. B. & Mary Charles
NOTES: The Ancient High House in Stafford, was a grand timber-framed town house built for the Dorrington family in 1595. The insertion of three shops on the ground floor in 1885 damaged the sandstone plinth and undermined the structure and affected the visual coherence of the whole design. The whole building was restored in four phases from 1976-1986. See RIBA130597 for a black and white version of this image.

Ancient High House, Stafford: the main staircase

RIBA130617
F. W. B. & Mary Charles
NOTES: The Ancient High House in Stafford, was a grand timber-framed town house built for the Dorrington family in 1595. The insertion of three shops on the ground floor in 1885 damaged the sandstone plinth and undermined the structure and affected the visual coherence of the whole design. The whole building was restored in four phases from 1976-1986. See RIBA130598 for a black and white version of this image.

Ancient High House, Stafford: the main staircase

RIBA130618
F. W. B. & Mary Charles
NOTES: The Ancient High House in Stafford, was a grand timber-framed town house built for the Dorrington family in 1595. The insertion of three shops on the ground floor in 1885 damaged the sandstone plinth and undermined the structure and affected the visual coherence of the whole design. The whole building was restored in four phases from 1976-1986. See RIBA130599 for a black and white version of this image.

Ancient High House, Stafford: looking along one of the window bays

RIBA130619
F. W. B. & Mary Charles
NOTES: The Ancient High House in Stafford, was a grand timber-framed town house built for the Dorrington family in 1595. The insertion of three shops on the ground floor in 1885 damaged the sandstone plinth and undermined the structure and affected the visual coherence of the whole design. The whole building was restored in four phases from 1976-1986. See RIBA130600 for a black and white version of this image.

Ancient High House, Stafford: the ground floor lobby before occupation with fireplace to the right

RIBA130620
F. W. B. & Mary Charles
NOTES: The Ancient High House in Stafford, was a grand timber-framed town house built for the Dorrington family in 1595. The insertion of three shops on the ground floor in 1885 damaged the sandstone plinth and undermined the structure and affected the visual coherence of the whole design. The whole building was restored in four phases from 1976-1986. The ground floor lobby became a tourist information office. See RIBA130601 for a black and white version of this image.

Ancient High House, Stafford: one of the upper rooms showing the timber partitioning

RIBA130621
F. W. B. & Mary Charles
NOTES: The Ancient High House in Stafford, was a grand timber-framed town house built for the Dorrington family in 1595. The insertion of three shops on the ground floor in 1885 damaged the sandstone plinth and undermined the structure and affected the visual coherence of the whole design. The whole building was restored in four phases from 1976-1986. See RIBA130602 for a black and white version of this image.

Ancient High House, Stafford: one of the upper rooms with fireplace

RIBA130622
F. W. B. & Mary Charles
NOTES: The Ancient High House in Stafford, was a grand timber-framed town house built for the Dorrington family in 1595. The insertion of three shops on the ground floor in 1885 damaged the sandstone plinth and undermined the structure and affected the visual coherence of the whole design. The whole building was restored in four phases from 1976-1986. See RIBA130603 for a black and white version of this image.

Ancient High House, Stafford: part of the attic floor showing some early and possibly original plaster infill panels

RIBA130623
F. W. B. & Mary Charles
NOTES: The Ancient High House in Stafford, was a grand timber-framed town house built for the Dorrington family in 1595. The insertion of three shops on the ground floor in 1885 damaged the sandstone plinth and undermined the structure and affected the visual coherence of the whole design. The whole building was restored in four phases from 1976-1986. See RIBA130604 for a black and white version of this image.

Ancient High House, Stafford: the main staircase

RIBA130624
F. W. B. & Mary Charles
NOTES: The Ancient High House in Stafford, was a grand timber-framed town house built for the Dorrington family in 1595. The insertion of three shops on the ground floor in 1885 damaged the sandstone plinth and undermined the structure and affected the visual coherence of the whole design. The whole building was restored in four phases from 1976-1986. See RIBA130605 for a black and white version of this image.
Categories
Close
)
CLOSE