Milton Keynes Development Corporation. Architects Department
NOTES: Milton Keynes, which incorporated the existing towns of Bletchley, Wolverton and Stony Stratford along with another fifteen villages and farmland in between, was designated a new town in 1967 and planning control was thus taken from elected local authorities and delegated to the Milton Keynes Development Corporation (MKDC). The choice of prefabricated construction materials for this development was partly a consequence of a shortage of bricks in the UK at the time.
SOURCE: Constantin Uhde. Baudenkmaler in Grossbritannien (Berlin, 1894), vol. II, pl. 151 NOTES: This half-timbered building, dated 1652, was reconstructed in the vernacular revival style by James Harrison in 1862.