Welcome to RIBApix!
You have no items in your basket.
Close
Filters
Search

Timber framing

View as Grid List
Sort by

Watergate Street Row, Chester, Cheshire

RIBA19582
SOURCE: J. S. Prout. Antiquities of Chester (London, 1838?)

Timber gable in rue Tartare, Abbeville, Picardy

RIBA19596
SOURCE: Augustus Charles Pugin. Gothic ornaments (London, 1832), pl. 12

Timber gable in rue des Lingere, Abbeville, Picardy

RIBA19597
SOURCE: Augustus Charles Pugin. Gothic ornaments (London, 1832), pl. 14

Haddon Hall, Debyshire: the kitchen

RIBA19646
SOURCE: Simeon Rayner. The History and antiquities of Haddon Hall (Derby, 1836), pl. 31

Design for a gamekeeper's cottage or house for a small family

RIBA19667
Ricauti, Thomas James (d. 1842)
SOURCE: Thomas James Ricauti. Rustic architecture (London, 1840), pl. XVIII

Design for a timber-framed house

RIBA19680
Robinson, Peter Frederick (1776-1858)
SOURCE: P. F. Robinson. Designs for lodges and park entrances (London, 1833), pl. 21

Design for a country house: perspective sketch

RIBA21744
Hunt, Richard Morris (1827-1895)
NOTES: This is a photograph of an original drawing.

Ascott House, Wing, Buckinghamshire: elevation of the house and archway, for Leopold de Rothschild

RIBA21913
Devey, George (1820-1886)
NOTES: Williams worked on alterations to Ascott House for Leopold de Rothschild between 1888 and 1893. The building had previously been enlarged and altered by George Devey from 1870 to 1888.

Design for a country house: perspective and plan

RIBA22132
Briggs, Robert Alexander (1858-1916)

Little Moreton Hall, Cheshire: entrance door-way to the great hall

RIBA22272
SOURCE: John Britton. Architectural Antiquities of Britain (London, 1809), vol. 2, pl. facing p.83 NOTES: This moated manor house is an exemplar of the timber-framed Tudor black-and-white house. The earliest part of the Hall was probably built by Richard de Moreton in the mid 15th century. The west, or kitchen end was built (or rebuilt) by William Moreton c.1480. The last major extension was the south wing added in 1570-1580. The 'domestic block' was added to the south wing in the early 1600s.

Little Moreton Hall, Cheshire

RIBA22273
SOURCE: John Britton. Architectural Antiquities of Britain (London, 1809), vol. 2, pl. after p. 82 NOTES: This moated manor house is an exemplar of the timber-framed Tudor black-and-white house. The earliest part of the Hall was probably built by Richard de Moreton in the mid 15th century. The west, or kitchen end was built (or rebuilt) by William Moreton c.1480. The last major extension was the south wing added in 1570-1580. The 'domestic block' was added to the south wing in the early 1600s.
Categories
Close
)
CLOSE