NOTES: This post mill was built in 1735 and originally stood at Ringleton. It was moved approximately half a mile to this site in 1818.
NOTES: Lutyens restored and extended the house, built in 1464 by the Etchingham family, in 1910-1914.
SOURCE: Claude-Nicolas Ledoux. L'architecture consideree sous le rapport de l'art, des moeurs et de la legislation (Paris, 1804), vol. 1, pl. 112
SOURCE: John Buonarotti Papworth. Hints on ornamental gardening (London, 1823), pl. 12
NOTES: This Norman church was once a small priory of Augustinian canons founded c.1170. The Gothic style timber belfry was added c.1480.
NOTES: The nave and chancel are Norman in style while the timber belfry with recessed shingled spire is 15th century.