NOTES: Palazzo Grassi was built between 1748 and 1772 and its design is attributed to Giorgio Massari. It was purchased by the Fiat group in 1983 and was restored and transformed into an exhibition space by Gae Aulenti in association with Antonio Foscari. It was further renovated in 2005 by Tadao Ando when it was bought by the entrepreneur Francois Pinnault. This exhibition, designed by Francesco Venezia, brought together over 700 Etruscan items from around the world and extended throughout all 36 galleries of the Venetian palazzo.
NOTES: The relief over the window shows the visit to the City of London by Charles II and that below, the visit of Queen Victoria. These reliefs, two of four by sculptor Joseph Kremer, were on the 1875 building at 12-13 Poultry by F Chancellor. The listed reliefs were incorporated into James Stirling Michael Wilford & Associates No. 1 Poultry when the original building was demolished.