Welcome to RIBApix!
You have no items in your basket.
Close
Filters
Search

Terracotta

View as Grid List
Sort by

Eastern Road gateway, Brighton College: detail of the upper part

RIBA47319
Jackson, Sir Thomas Graham (1835-1924)

Chelsea Electricity Supply Company scheduled for demolition, 6 Milner Street, Kensington, London

RIBA47720
NOTES: This building was demolished to make way for an office development.

Former Flower Market, Covent Garden, London: the east elevation on Wellington Street with three arches of white brick, Portland stone and salmon terracotta

RIBA47861
W. Cubitt & Company
NOTES: Designed by William R. Rogers (born Rodriguez) of W. Cubitt & Company and built in 1871-1872 this complex building with its extensions has fronts on four streets. The Flower Market relocated to New Covent Garden, Nine Elms, Battersea, in 1974 when the building was left vacant. It was eventually restored and converted in 1978-1980 for the London Transport Museum by the London Transport Architect's Department.

Wellington House, Buckingham Gate, Victoria, London: close-up of the ornate cornice and a niche with statue

RIBA47879
Palgrave & Co.
NOTES: This building was demolished in 1975 to make way for a development by the Land Securities Development Company.

34 Berkeley Square, Mayfair, London: close-up of gable

RIBA47881
Wimperis, John Thomas (1929-1904)

Central Arcade, Newcastle-upon-Tyne

RIBA47950
J. Oswald & Sons

Pub on Back of the Inns, east entrance to the Royal Arcade, Norwich

RIBA48037
Neatby, William James (1860-1910)
NOTES: The faience decoration is by W. J. Neatby and manufactured by Doulton.

The Seagull, Broad Street, Portsmouth, Hampshire: mosaic pub sign on the West Street facade

RIBA48180
NOTES: Built for Jewell's Brewery in 1900, these premises ceased to be used as a pub in 1970.

Watts Mortuary Chapel, Compton Cemetery, Surrey, seen from the graveyard

RIBA48587
Watts, Mary Seton (1850-1938)
NOTES: This mortuary chapel was designed and built by Mary Seton Watts, craftswoman and second wife of the artist G. F. Watts, as a gift to the parish when Compton Parish Council created a new cemetery in 1895. It is one of the few surviving monuments to the ideals of the Arts and Crafts movement, the exterior was completed in 1898 and the interiors completed in 1901.

Watts Mortuary Chapel, Compton Cemetery, Surrey: the campanile and the terracotta decoration

RIBA48588
Watts, Mary Seton (1850-1938)
NOTES: This mortuary chapel was designed and built by Mary Seton Watts, craftswoman and second wife of the artist G. F. Watts, as a gift to the parish when Compton Parish Council created a new cemetery in 1895. It is one of the few surviving monuments to the ideals of the Arts and Crafts movement, the exterior was completed in 1898 and the interiors completed in 1901.
Close
)
CLOSE