NOTES: Originally known as the South Metropolitan Cemetery, this 40-acre cemetery was consecrated in 1837. William Tite, who was the architect for the development company, was responsible for the landscaping and the design of some of the monuments. This mausoleum was designed by Sidney R. J. Smith in c.1890.
NOTES: Built originally as a full scale opera house for Richard D'Oyly Carte to designs by the builder G. H. Holloway and the architect T. E. Collcutt. The building opened in January 1891 with the opera Ivanhoe by Sir Arthur Sullivan. But opera was not a successful venture and it re-opened in December 1892 as the Palace Theatre.