NOTES: This is possibly an image taken for the Architectural Review, March 1931 of the Swedish Exhibition of Industrial Arts & Crafts, Dorland House, Lower Regent Street, London, held March 17- April 22, 1931.
NOTES: The original South Hill Park mansion was built in 1760 for William Watts. Alterations were made by Sir John Soane for the statesman George Canning in 1801. The mansion was rebuilt for Sir Arthur Hayter, incorporating just the east wing of the original house, in brick and Bath stone in 1891-1892 by Temple Lushington Moore. The mansion has been a centre for the arts in Bracknell since 1973 and underwent extensive refurbishment in 2002.The former library is now a recital room.
NOTES: The house was designed in various stages from the 1675 to 1890 and restored and converted by Kit Martin in the 1980s. This was the former chapel converted into a ballroom in 1890 and decorated with Gobelin tapestries from 1787.