NOTES: The city of Brasilia was planned and developed in 1956 with Lucio Costa as chief urban planner and Oscar Niemeyer as principal architect. It formally became the capital of Brazil in 1960 and is the seat of all three branches of the Brazilian government. The National Congress buildings completed in 1958, comprise the Federal Senate, the Chamber of Deputies and the administrative twin Towers of Congress.
NOTES: Incorporating the former Premier Electric cinema as entrance hall, cafe and lounge area, this cinema was taken over by the Provincial Cinematograph Theatres Ltd (PCT) in 1929. It was renamed Gaumont in 1952 and closed as a cinema in 1963. It reopened as a Top Rank Club for bingo, later renamed Mecca, which closed in 2005. In spite of being a fine example of an early cinema, it was never designated listed status and was demolished in 2009.