Welcome to RIBApix!
You have no items in your basket.


View as Grid List
Sort by

Brooks's Club, 60 St James's Street, London: members playing cards and gambling in the Great Subscription Room

Holland, Henry (1745-1806)
SOURCE: R. Ackermann. The Microcosm of London (London, 1835), vol. II, pl. 39 NOTES: This social and non-political gentelmen's club was founded in 1764 by William Almack and met in pall mall. It moved in 1778 to the new club house designed by Henry Holland in St James's Street under the management of William Brooks.

Deanery Garden, Sonning, Berkshire: the dining room with Edward Hudson's collection of rustic pewter and ceramics displayed on the sideboard

Lutyens, Sir Edwin Landseer (1869-1944)
NOTES: Sir Edwin Lutyens designed the house for Edward Hudson, owner of Country Life, in 1899-1901.

Czechoslovak Pavilion, Golden Gate Fair, San Francisco: the exhibit of Bohemian glass and optic equipment

Heythum, Antonin (1901-1954)
NOTES: This photograph comes from the archive of Sir Anthony Wakefield Cox (1915-1993).

Casita del Labrador, Jardin del Principe, Aranjuez: the King's Room or Billiard Room

Dugourc, J. D. (1749-1825)
NOTES: This building, undertaken by Carlos IV, is located in the heart of the 'Jardin del Principe' within the grounds of the Royal Palace. It was designed by Juan de Villanueva while the interiors were the work of J. D. Dugourc.

Neues Schloss Herrenchiemsee, Bavaria: the dining room

Dollmann, Georg Carl Heinrich von (1830-1895)
NOTES: Construction on this palace, built in the French Baroque style in imitation of Versailles for King Ludwig II of Bavaria, began in 1878 to designs by Georg Dollmann. It was never completed since building work was halted in 1886 for financial reasons.

Apsley House, Hyde Park Corner, London: the Waterloo Gallery

Wyatt, Benjamin Dean (1775-1855)
NOTES: Also known as Number One London, this was the London residence of the Dukes of Wellington. Originally built in red brick by Robert Adam in 1771-1778, it was remodelled for the first Duke of Wellington by Benjamin Dean Wyatt in 1829-1829. The Waterloo Gallery, added in 1829 by Wyatt, was intended specifically to accomodate the annual Waterloo banquet.