NOTES: This was built as a Huguenot chapel, then became a chapel for the Society for Propagating Christianity to the Jews, and in 1819 a Methodist chapel. In 1897 it was converted into a synagogue and in 1975 it became a mosque (the London Jamme Masjid).
NOTES: This Mudejar style building was constructed under the Christian Kingdom of Castile by Islamic architects for Jewish use and originally known as the Ibn Shushan Synagogue. It became a church in the 1400s but no major alterations were made. It is a fine example of Almohad architecture given its construction in brick and the use of pillars rather than columns.