NOTES: The Monument to the French Republic was the subject of an 1879 competition won by Leopold Morice for the statue and Charles Morice, his brother, for the architectural base. It was completed in 1883.
NOTES: Sackville Street was renamed O'Connell Street in 1924. James Gandon designed the 1791 Carlisle Bridge which was widened in 1890 and renamed the O'Connell Bridge. The O'Connell Monument was sculpted by John Henry Foley and unveiled in 1882 and the Nelson Pillar dates from 1808.